A good quick & easy banana bread has to be two things: one, absolutely delicious, wanting-more-and-more delicious, and two, super moist & stunning.
In this case, this recipe is just like that. Let’s thank the book ”The joy of cooking.’
There are three amazing things about my quick & easy banana bread recipe.
Firstly, you need to use completely ripe bananas. Therefore, if you have some left because you forgot to eat them, and they are really ripe, it’s a way to go!
The second amazing thing is that it is not time-consuming. The preparation will take a maximum of 20 minutes, and the baking will take 40-50 minutes. All in all, the total time is approximately only 1 hour!
The third good thing is that this recipe is absolutely perfect. You don’t need to change the quantities or add some new ingredients to make it tastier. It is fantastic the way it is.
What do you need to make quick & easy banana bread?
- Kitchen scales
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer (or you can do it by hand)
- 23×13 cm loaf pan
How to make a quick & easy banana bread
This recipe covers how to make banana bread, which is very simple to do! Here is how you make homemade quick & easy banana bread (and don’t forget to get the full recipe with measurements on the page down below):
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Place the butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl and leave it at room temperature. Take the eggs from the fridge as well.
- In a medium bowl, pour flour, baking powder, and salt. And in one more dish, mash the bananas. I did it with a fork.
- And now it’s very easy. Your butter must be softened a little by now, and you can beat it with sugar and zest with a wooden spoon until it’s creamy (but not too much), light in color, and fluffy.
- In a bowl where the butter is, beat in the eggs and mashed bananas with an electric mixer. Don’t overmix; there’s no point. It’s enough to beat until everything is combined. Therefore, the mixed texture doesn’t have to be very smooth. You should see some small banana bumps.
- With a silicone spatula, gradually add dry ingredients from the medium bowl to a large bowl. Mix everything just until they’re combined. Don’t overmix because your bread will become tough, and you don’t want to eat that.
- Scrape the batter into a 23×13 cm loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 40-50 minutes.
Meda’s tips for making quick & easy banana bread
Beating the butter
I highly recommend beating the butter with a wooden spoon.
It is just so much simpler.
You have no idea how many silicon spatulas’ I’ve broken because they are too fragile.
I mean, if you really wanna beat the butter with it, you’re at a risk that the butter will reach a too high temperature. Consequently, later on, the mixture will split, and your quick & easy banana bread can become greasy & unpleasant.
Do we want that? Definitely not.
We all have different kinds of flour at home. And when it comes to using it, I understand that sometimes you don’t want to buy a new flour package just because the recipe needs it.
Remember, only the protein really matter in flour.
The higher percentage of protein the flour has, the more water (liquid) it absorbs.
It means that for the same 200ml water, you’ll need more all-purpose flour (10% protein) than, let’s say, bread flour (12-15% protein).
For that reason, always have that in mind!
Don’t try to change the recipe. It won’t work.
I tried adding cream cheese into the batter and thought that taste and texture will be more silky and flavorful.
However, the flavor was absolutely gone. The bread couldn’t keep its shape, and even though the texture was smoother, the feeling of a bite was awful.
When the book ‘The joy of cooking’ said that they tried all of their recipes for hundred times and that this recipe by Marion Becker is just about perfect, they didn’t lie.
So, now I trust them, and you should trust them too.
More dessert recipes!
Quick & easy banana bread recipe | No fail
- 85g of butter softened
- 130g of sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (3 are enough)
- 190g of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Take all the ingredients from the fridge.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, and lemon zest until creamy, light, and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, pour flour, baking powder, and salt. Mash the bananas in another bowl.
- In a bowl where butter is, mix in the eggs, mashed bananas. With a silicone spatula, gradually incorporate dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 40-50 minutes.